Saturday, February 2, 2008

How Small We Are


I have flown over the Himalayas many times in my life, specially during the last twelve months. This is Mt Everest I captured on Thursday, January 30, 2008. It was shrouded in clouds and suddenly clouds moved away giving this opportunity.

The view is beautiful and very scary. No camera can capture its majestic presence and you have to see it with your own eyes to feel the chilling effect. I remember my first sight of Mt Everest 10 years back even today. It never goes away.

These great mountains also remind me something else - that is how small we humans are compared the nature’s creations. We look so ordinary compared to these mountains. Of course the man has conquered many of these mountain peaks, may be a few brave explorers. But you have to see these to realize, how small we are.

No comments: